Are you planning to travel to the Philippines in 2022? If so, this article is for you! Here we will provide a comprehensive guide to the best travel destinations and experiences the country has to offer.
We will also give some tips on how to prepare for your trip, including obtaining a visa and arranging travel insurance. So whether you’re a first-time visitor or returning traveler, read on for everything you need to know about traveling in the Philippines in 2022!
What Are the Requirements for US Citizens and Other Foreign Nationals Traveling to the Philippines in 2022?
To travel to the Philippines, you’ll need a passport that’s valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of departure. You’ll also need a visa, which can be obtained through the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
If you’re a US citizen, you don’t need a tourist visa if your stay is less than 30 days. However, you will need to show proof of onward travel and have a valid return ticket. You’ll also need to provide proof of accommodation and funds to cover your expenses while in the Philippines.
Other foreign nationals may be required to show additional documents, such as a valid residence permit or work permit. Make sure you contact the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your home country for more information.
The Philippines is a beautiful country, and it’s worth a visit. But before you go, there are a few things you need to know.
For starters, travel to the Philippines is now permitted for U.S. citizens, but they must comply with arrival and departure requirements. That means you’ll need to have a valid passport and visa, and you’ll need to be up-to-date on the latest travel advisories.
The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in the Philippines, so be sure to have a backup plan in case of an emergency. And finally, be sure to take precautions when traveling to the Philippines, including vaccinations and staying up to date on COVID-19 information.
What Are the Must-See Tourist Spots in the Philippines?
If you’re looking to travel to the Philippines in 2022, then you’re in for a treat. The country is home to some of the most beautiful and exotic tourist spots in the world.
Here are just a few of the must-see spots:
the ultimate getaway destination in the Philippines, is one amazing place. It has its own charm thanks to the powdery white sand beach and azure waters. There are also plenty of activities that you can enjoy during your stay on this paradise island.
is a major tourist destination in the Philippines. Set right on the central-eastern coast of the country on the island of Visayas, this city has everything for you to enjoy when you visit. Whether you are looking for beaches, whale shark feeding (which is a friendly Mamal by the way) shopping, or culture, you can find it in this city.
the Chocolate Hills is a World Heritage Site, a cultural icon of the Philippines, and a place that draws many visitors from all over the world. Located on Bohol island, this unique geological formation sits on the border between Cagayan Valley and Luzon Cordillera mountains.
5. El Nido, Palawan
if you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax in, then El Nido is worth checking out. This town is located on the northwestern tip of mainland Palawan. This municipality is popular among tourists because of its world-famous beaches and crystal-clear waters.
5. Puerto Princesa, Palawan
subterranean River National Park is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Philippines, and it holds a place in the New7Wonders of Nature. It has also been included in Lonely Planet’s Top Seven Underwater Wonders in the World and Trivago Traveler’s Choice Award winner for Best Beach Vacation Spots
5. Coron, Palawan
a southern Philippine island, is best known as a wreck diving spot. But Coron also offers limestone karst landscapes, crystal-clear freshwater lakes, and shallow-water coral reefs. Travelers can get there by boat or airplane. Coron is a nice place to visit if you are looking for the magic of natural beauty.
What Are the Best Things to Do in the Philippines?
So, you’re thinking of traveling to the Philippines in 2022? Excellent choice! The Philippines is a country with a lot to offer visitors. From its white-sand beaches and lush jungles to its vibrant cities and historic towns, there’s something for everyone.
To help you make the most of your trip, we’ve put together a list of the best things to do in the Philippines. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Kawasan Falls is one of the most iconic landmarks in the province. The trails to the falls take you alongside waterfalls and eventually lead you down to a stunning basalt formation called Kawasan Falls. The number of trails depends on your pace and comfort, but we recommend a swim at Kawasan Falls since it’s especially refreshing during hot weather!
- Panglao Island, a small island located southwest of the main island of Bohol, is one of the favorite destinations for travelers looking to escape the crowds. A paradise that’s so remote and only has a handful of resorts and restaurants, Alona Beach is one of these picks. The beach itself sits on an immense stretch of white sand and offers ocean views straight out into the Pacific Ocean.
- Boracay Island in the Philippines is a place where you are sure to have a good time. From the numerous sandbars to island hopping, Boracay’s white-sand beaches make swimming and water sports fun. You can also go jet skiing, parasailing, or diving in one of the many dive sites around the island.
- An underground world of stalactites, stalagmites, and caves awaits you in Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. One of the New7Wonders of Nature, it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The park is especially popular among wildlife lovers as it’s home to hundreds of species like bats, kingfishers, and eagles.
- One of the best things to do in El Nido, Palawan is island hopping. There are islands to choose from, so you’ll never get bored! You can snorkel, scuba dive, and explore the calm sea. Bring yourself and your family to different islands where you can snorkel, swim, rent a boat, surf, or just enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Coron is more known for its unique tourist spots. Under its azure waters, Coron includes breathtaking World War II shipwrecks, bright coral reefs, and abundant marine life. Some of the most visited dive sites in Coron are the more popular Alley dive site where you can see colorful soft corals and anemones, a giant underwater cave called ‘Cave 2’, and the Kayangan Lake dive site which features an amazing three-floor drop-off point where you’ll see schools of fish swimming around. Moreover, diving at Puka Island offers an experience not easily forgotten, consisting of over ten different marine sanctuaries where divers have the opportunity to get up close and personal with both large and small marine life such as nudibranchs, barracuda, grouper, and a large variety of butterfly fish!
What Are the Best Places to Eat in the Philippines?
If there’s one thing the Philippines has going for it, it’s the cost of its food. Spend less than a dollar on something great and you’re doing so well! If you’re looking for a cheap place to eat, check out this list!
But with so many options to choose from, where should you start? Here are some of our favorite places to eat in the Philippines:
- Cebu is the foodie heaven you’ve been looking for. Some of Cebu’s most popular treats are the Lechon, Puso, and SuTuKil. The Lechon, roasted suckling pig on a pit, is best known in Cebu City where they have perfected it over generations. Chew on crispy skin and savor tender meat while enjoying with kinilaw or spicy sauce. The Puso is a heart-shaped delicacy of hanging rice wrapped in coconut fronds prepares at home with your loved ones and served during special occasions like weddings and birthdays.
- Peanut Kisses are a popular delicacy in Bohol, Philippines. These delicious cookies are made from peanuts and egg whites, shaped into hill-like cookies, and baked to perfection. You can find Peanut Kisses in most department stores and souvenir shops throughout the city.
- Try some of the local Filipino dishes while in Boracay. The sizzling sisig, hot sinigang (soup), and cool halo-halo are just a few of the traditional dishes you should try while exploring this lovely island.
- If you love seafood and green caviar on your sushi, you’ll definitely love this sea grape (grape-looking seaweed) that grows in Palawan. The succulent and juicy sea grapes are a staple in local homes and restaurants throughout the province.
- If you’re looking for something else other than seafood platters, try lechon kawali in Palawan. This pork belly dish is best enjoyed as a viand (an especially tasty, savory dish) or pulutan (simply referred to as a bar food). Whichever way you wish to try this local delicacy, it will be scrumptious.
- If you’re up for the challenge, be sure to try the delicious tamilok a shell-less saltwater clam that bores holes into wood. Don’t worry though this tasty tidbit isn’t actually a worm. The nickname “woodworm” comes from the fact that tamilok literally worm their way into the wood.
What Are the Best Places to Stay in the Philippines?
- Bayfront Hotel- Located in the heart of Cebu City, this modern property features an outdoor pool and fantastic views of the Mactan Channel. It’s a 10-minute drive from Cebu-World Trade Center and 3 km from Basilica del Santo Niño. Airy, streamlined rooms come with free WiFi and minifridges; some feature bunk beds. Suites add living rooms, kitchens, and dining areas.
- Solea Coast Resort Panglao offers guests a restaurant, free private parking, an outdoor swimming pool, and a bar. The resort is situated in the town of Alona Beach, 1.8 km from Alona Beach. The rooms offer air conditioning, a safety deposit box, and a flat-screen TV.
- Experience the island’s crystal clear waters and powder-white sand like never before with Henann Regency. With the resort’s striking Mediterranean-inspired architecture, landscaped gardens, and expansive beachfront, it stands unparalleled in facilities and service on the entire island.
- Princesa Garden Island Resort and Spa is an award-winning MICE venue in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. It is 15 minutes from the airport and offers many spaces to suit any event requirements. Our events team has a wealth of experience in organizing world-class events, making it easy for you to plan your next successful celebration.
- Ipil Suites is conveniently located in El Nido town center, about 3 minutes from the main beach. It offers more than 20 well-appointed guest rooms with a balcony that overlooks Bacuit Bay and the Beach. All rooms have air conditioning, cable TV, and a telephone. Features include individually-controlled electric fans, hot and cold shower facilities, private bathrooms,s and toiletries.
- Sea Horse Guest House is located in Coron, Philippines. It offers free WiFi and private parking and is 300 meters from the city center. Sea Horse Guest House is also 4.4 km from Coron Island. The rooms at this property all come with flat-screen TVs and views of either the garden or the city, depending on your preference. You will find a shared lounge at the property, which is perfect for relaxing with fellow guests after a long day of exploring.
Traveling is something we all enjoy. Whether it be a two-day trip down the road, or to a faraway place that you’ve always wanted to visit. Sometimes though, it can be hard finding the right destination and plan out your itinerary. That’s why we created this travel guide. Using our knowledge, expertise, and data from years of experience, we have created one easy-to-follow guide to help you with all of these things so that you can enjoy yourself on your next trip!
— Royal Destination Travel & Tours Inc.